Advantages of 3 + 2 positioning processing:
1) Shorter, more rigid cutting tools can be used.
2) The tool can form a certain angle with the surface, and the spindle head can be extended lower and closer to the workpiece.
3) The tool movement distance is shorter and the program code is less.
Limitations of 3 + 2 positioning processing:
3 + 2 positioning machining is usually considered as setting a constant angle to the spindle. Complex workpieces may require many oblique views to cover the entire workpiece, but this results in overlapping tool paths, which increases machining time.
Advantages of 5-axis simultaneous machining:
1) No special fixture is required during processing, which reduces the cost of the fixture, avoids multiple clamping, and improves the precision of mold processing.
2) Reduce the number of fixtures used.
3) Eliminate many special tools in processing, thereby reducing tool costs.
4) In processing, it can increase the effective cutting edge length of the tool, reduce the cutting force, increase the service life of the tool and reduce the cost.
Limitations of 5-axis linkage:
1) Compared with 3 + 2 positioning, the rigidity of its spindle is worse.
2) In some cases, a five-axis solution is not suitable. For example, the tool is too short, or the tool holder is too large, so that vibration cannot be avoided under any tilting conditions.
3) Compared with 3-axis machine tools, the machining accuracy error is large.