Linear rail features
First, the advantages of linear rail
1. Assembly is easy and simple, with a little training, you can complete high-quality assembly. Because the accuracy of the machine tool is too large, the accuracy of the transmission mechanism is determined. The transmission mechanism is generally composed of a wire rail and a screw. That is to say, the accuracy of the wire rail and the screw itself determines the accuracy of the machine. They all exist in the form of standard parts. A
s long as you choose the corresponding accuracy provided by the manufacturer, there will usually not be a big problem.
2. There is a lot of choice, whether it is from the structural form or accuracy level of the rail, the lubrication method or load bearing capacity, the processing method to the running speed and other parameters can be selected. You can arbitrarily configure according to the specific conditions of your designed machine The type of rail you need.
3. The running speed is fast. Many machine tools now run extremely fast, especially the idling speed. This is largely due to the credit of the linear guide, because the rolling friction operation mode and high-precision processing ensure the machine tool. The accuracy and stability of high-speed operation has greatly improved the processing efficiency and processing accuracy.
4. High machining accuracy. As a linear guide, as a standard product, both the material and the processing method have entered a benign controllable range. Therefore, most of the machine tools in the field of precision machining use high-precision linear guides. As a machine tool guide, this also greatly guarantees the machining accuracy of the machine tool. Domestically done better are Nanjing technology, Hanjiang line guide, Taiwan has silver line guide, Germany has Rexroth company, Japan has THK line guide, etc. These brands have greatly enriched and fulfilled the market's needs for various rails of various requirements. Individuals prefer to use THK from Japan. The stable performance and fine workmanship are high prices.
5. Long service life, because the running mode of the line rail is rolling friction. The steel balls in the slider drive the movement of the feeding component by rolling on the rail. The friction force of this rolling friction is less than that of the hard rail. Many, so whether it is transmission efficiency or service life, the line rail should be much more ideal than the hard rail.
6. Low maintenance cost. No matter from the maintenance cost or convenience, the rail has its natural advantages and convenience, because as a standard part, the replacement form of the rail is the same as replacing a screw. Of course, there are still some adjustments in the accuracy of the reply, but compared to the hard track, it is really convenient.
7. The delivery cycle is short. The general delivery cycle of the line rail can be completed within half a month, unless you choose foreign brands, such as Rexroth and THK. In fact, these two brands also have corresponding processing plants in China. As long as the model of the rail you choose is not very biased, the delivery period of about half a month can still be guaranteed, and the line rail of Taiwan Shangyin can even achieve a one-week delivery cycle, but the same The hard track does not have such a good time to control. If the action is relatively large, such as recasting, the cycle may be uncertain for more than a few months.
Second, the shortcomings of the line rail
1. The carrying capacity is relatively small. This relatively small size is only for hard rails. In fact, the rails of many large factories have greatly improved their carrying capacity through some structural designs. Of course, they are relatively hard rails. In terms of carrying capacity, it is still relatively small.
2. The stability is relatively weaker than the hard rail, such as the ability to resist vibration, but I still want to emphasize that this weakness is relative to the hard rail. In fact, the smoothness of many line rails is also now Very well, as long as the equipment you design is not too special, it is generally able to meet the needs.
3. Pay special attention to the protection of the rails during transportation and assembly. As a standard part, its unique structural characteristics put it in an embarrassing situation that is relatively easy to be damaged, such as the slender shape leading to the rails. Insufficient rigidity, which is prone to bending and deformation during compression, leading to loss of accuracy; for example, because it is steel, if it is not rust-proofed, it is easy to contact water or other solvents during transportation and assembly. Phenomenon such as rust and corrosion can be caused, which leads to loss of accuracy.
The above are some rudimentary knowledge of hard rail and linear rail by a designer who has been engaged in machine tool design for more than 10 years. I hope it can help you.